Friday, May 7, 2010

Our Journey to the 70's and Back

This class was a very good experience for me in all aspects. One way that this class was a good experience, was just the enjoyment and entertainment that I got from seeing all of these movies from the 70's. not only was this class entertaining, it also helped me to expand my critical thinking skills. I loved being able to take an in depth look at a period of time that I was not a part of and get a good understanding of what it was like during that time.

It was interesting to me how we saw many of the same themes come up throughout the class in the different movies that we saw throughout the duration of the class. For example one of the main themes that was often in the films that we watched, was the Vietnam war. Not all of the movies were directly related to the Vietnam war but there were many references to the war. I think that filmmakers in the 70's just wanted to get their opinion out about the major issues of the time, that they were referencing them in their films.

I really enjoyed being able to take each of these films and analyze them in a way that I would not normally do if I were watching the film on my own. I was challenged to see these films in a different light and look past the surface. I feel that to often I find myself watching a film only to be entertained, this is not necessarily a bad thing but I may be looking past the message that the filmmaker is trying to get across. This class has made me want to take a deeper look at all of the movies that I watch from here on.

This class has taught me many things that I will be able to use for the rest of my life. I will never forget the time that we were able to share through the duration of the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment